Geoscape in Phoenix Point acts like a hub for selecting locations and exploring the world. Geoscape can be accessed while you are not in combat and allows you to see your objectives, select missions to deploy squads and advance through time.
Geoscape in Phoenix Point
The Geoscape screen is divided into different sections each of them proving you vital information on your current status.
The Resource section is located on the top left of the screen covering most of the upper part.
- Tech: Tech is a resource used to recruit new units, construct Facilities and create Equipment. It can also be used to trade at Heavens.
- Materials: Materials is a resource used to recruit new units, construct Facilities and create Equipment. It can also be used to trade at Heavens.
- Food is a resource used to recruit new units and to main them. Food can be produces using the Food Production facility. It can also be used to trade at Heavens.
- Production Capacity: This indicates the amount of Fabrication Plants you have in all bases. The more Fabrication Plants you have, the faster Manufacture of equipment will be.
- Research Labs: This indicates the amount of Research Labs you have in all bases. Having more Research Labs will decrease the amount of time required to finish Research Projects.
- Soldiers: Indicates the amount of units that you currently have and the maximum that you can recruit. You can increase the maximum amount of soldiers by building Living Quarters.
- Vehicles: Indicates the amount of Vehicles that you currently have and the maximum that you can store. You can increase the maximum capacity by obtaining more Vehicle Bays.
- Aircraft: Indicates the amount of Aircraft that you currently have and the maximum that you can store. You can increase the maximum capacity by obtaining more Vehicle Bays.
- Stores: Indicates the amount of Equipment that you have in total. This includes: Weapons, Armor and Items. You can increase the maximum capacity by building Store.
Oneiric Delirum Index
Located on the upper right part of the screen, the Oneiric Delirium Index indicates how much the Pandoravirus has advanced through the world. If the meter reaches 100% you will lose the game.
- Saving Heavens from attacks will decrease the speed at which the bar fills
- You can decrease the number by destroying Pandoran Bases.
Located on the upper part of the screen, below Resoruces, Objectives indicate the list of active Missions that you are currently performing as well as the Heavens that are under attack and need help.
Transport Vehicle Bar
Located on the bottom part of the screen above the menu, this bar indicates the current status of your transport Vehicles. You can cycle between the Transport Vehicles by pressing the arrows or by pressing on the icon above the photo.
- The first button allows you to perform an Area Scan on the current Location (After the scan has been selected you can move the vehicle to another location and the scan will still run).
- The second button allows you to repair the Aircraft. You will need to be at a base to perform the repair
You can see the Aircraft Name and photo. To the right you will see the Units and Vehicles that are currently inside the Aircraft and their status.
- The blue bar indicates the current health of units. (If you don't see the bar the unit is at full health)
- The white bar indicates the current Will Points of the unit. (If you don't see the bar the unit's Will Points are full)
On the right part of the screen you can see a stopwatch that indicates the current date and time. When you press play, time will start running and all events like Missions, Research Projects and Manufacturing will develop.
You can select the + and - icons to increase or decrease the speed at which time passes. You can also select the clipboard icon to see a list of all past events.
You can find the menu on the bottom part of the screen. From here you can access the Geoscape, Bases, Personnel, Research, Manufacturing, Diplomacy and the Pohoenixpedia.